Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 11th

No picture today.

I have a tendency to be really hard on myself - my own worst critic - and when I realized that I didn't take a picture for the day I began beating myself up about it. I didn't want to update because I felt as though there was no point. I had failed. My goal was to take a picture, a day, for a year, and I didn't so I might as well quit now.

But then the project isn't really about taking a picture EVERY day, it is about documenting my life better than I have been doing. And I have been doing that. And I missed a day. That doesn't mean that I am a huge, epic failure at blogging forever and no one will ever like me and I am funny looking and uncool.It just means that I missed a day. So I am forgiving myself for missing a day and accepting the fact that it will probably happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment