Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January 28th



Three of four

After a long day in London, we headed over to see our Uncle Derek, Aunt Diane and cousin Paul. Derek is one of Mum's brothers and, while we have many cousins on that side, Paul is the only one close to our age. We haven't seen each other in years so there was some catching up to do, but after the initial awkwardness we settled comfortably into an evening of laughter.

This picture is bittersweet for me because there should be four of us in it. My cousin Emma, Paul's sister, died suddenly several years ago. Emma was the youngest of the four of us and I often find myself wondering what she was like as an adult, as my only memories of her are as a child. My aunt said at the end of the night that Emma would have loved the evening. I am sure that she did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment