Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12th

Sweetness

We have twins at work - a boy and a girl. They are perfect, ticklish little people with chubby legs and big, gummy smiles. 

I love working in the infant room and knowing that I am one of the most important people in the lives of these babies, but it breaks my heart a little knowing that they move on and I am replaced by the next teacher in the line. I still wonder about the kids that I had in my first class, almost five years ago. 

It is a skill - being able to love and care for someone and yet maintain a distance. I know that I am going to need it in nursing even more than I need it in childcare. The balance has to exist. However, I think than one of my strengths will be to stay just slightly on this side of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment