Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 19th



Yap, yap, yap

When I was looking around my Health Promotion class this was what I saw. This is a pretty typical view of most of my classes, but what you can't see is the noise. 

At the beginning of last semester 90 beginning nursing students sat in one room awkwardly sizing each other up and talking in low voices, if at all. Some had already made friends in the preliminary classes but most of us were looking around, wondering if we had made the right choice. We were timid and quiet.

The difference between then and now is noise. Dear God our classes are noisy! We have made friends, established groups and have so much to talk about that the subject matter has a hard time fitting in. I feel for our instructors who have to talk over us, not an easy task. We have gelled into a group that I am looking forward to spending the next 2 years with.

No comments:

Post a Comment