Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 3rd

Fabric reward for a hard day.

Today was my first day of seeing patients in the hospital. I came home emotionally and physically exhausted. After hearing about some of my friend's amazing days I had high hopes, but I ended up feeling a little disappointed. Not by my choice to go into nursing - but by my lack of ability.

There was so much that I didn't know how to do and didn't understand and I wish that the nurse I was working with had taken the time to explain it to me. From talking to my friends the thing that makes the difference in a nursing student's day is working with a nurse that takes the time to explain and encourage. I think today may have been a perfect example of what I DON'T want to be. For that alone it was a really valuable experience.

Also, I got to see kidneys. Real, live kidneys, pulsing away on a machine. That was pretty freaking sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment