Tuesday, March 8, 2011

February 14th

This was full. Nomnomnom.

As a rule, we never do anything on Valentine's Day. I would rather just say "I love you" and try to live that way every single day than save it for a Hallmark holiday. 
When we first got together I explained to John that, for me, a relationship wasn't made of grand gestures but a million tiny moments. He is wonderful about the tiny moments. I get flowers for no reason, I am always thanked for cooking dinner (after 5 years!), he gets movies he thinks I would like and leaves CD's for me to listen to in my car as well. He is thoughtful and kind.
This year he surprised me on Valentine's day. I got little cakes, taken to dinner and a gift certificate for clothes. It was better because I didn't expect it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment